FSDC Industry Exchange Series – Road to Carbon Neutrality: Hong Kong's Role in Capturing the Rise of Carbon Market Opportunities
The journey to decarbonisation is becoming more challenging and costly given the enormous scale of emissions that need to be removed. Voluntary carbon markets, among others, emerge as one of the key tools to mobilise finance for the transition to a low-carbon economy. Hong Kong, being a leading international financial centre and regional green finance hub, should play a pivotal role in mobilising capital flows, among others, in the regional and global voluntary carbon markets.
With an aim of positioning Hong Kong to capture the green and sustainable opportunities arising from the global voluntary carbon market, thereby contributing to the decarbonisation goals of Hong Kong, the country, and beyond, the FSDC conducted a study to examine common challenges facing the current voluntary carbon markets across the world. The report puts forward key considerations for building a holistic ecosystem conducive to the development of carbon trading in Hong Kong.
You are cordially invited to join our Industry Exchange Series webinar to learn more about the paper. Our distinguished speakers will discuss the development of the global voluntary carbon market and measures to enhance Hong Kong’s stature as Asia’s leading green finance hub and, ultimately, strengthen the city’s position as an international financial centre.
- Dr Ivan Li, Executive Director, Institute for Carbon Neutrality, China Galaxy International Financial Holdings Limited (See bio)
- Ms Miranda Kwan, Director of Knowledge Solutions, SGS Hong Kong Limited (See bio)
- Mr Pat-nie Woo, Partner, Head of ESG -Hong Kong, Global Co-Chair, Sustainable Finance, KPMG China (See bio)
- Dr Terence Chan, Chairman, Bay Area Capital Partners Limited (See bio)
- Dr Rocky Tung, Director and Head of Policy Research, FSDC (See bio)
- Asia-Pacific Structured Finance Association
- Chinese Asset Management Association of Hong Kong
- Chinese Banking Association of Hong Kong
- Chinese Financial Association of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Green Finance Association
- Hong Kong Investment Funds Association
- Hong Kong Investor Relations Association
- Institute of Financial Technologists of Asia
- The Alternative Investment Management Association
- The Chamber of Hong Kong Listed Companies
- The Hong Kong Independent Non-Executive Director Association
- The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong
- Treasury Markets Association
Click here to download the presentation slides.
Click here to download the research report.