In recent years, governments worldwide have been putting increasing emphasis on healthcare- and biotechnology-related sectors to support the aging society. As a capital formation centre, Hong Kong has played an indispensable role in mobilising capital to support research and innovation in these sectors. The establishment of a financing hub, however, requires a comprehensive ecosystem consisting of sound infrastructure, ample business opportunities, transparent flow of information and a cluster of entrepreneurs as well as experienced analysts and investors.
To achieve this goal, the Financial Services Development Council (FSDC) has developed a research paper, "Fuelling Further Growth of Biotech and Healthcare Industries: Leveraging Hong Kong’s Financial Infrastructure", which gathers insights from leading industry experts to examine the role of Hong Kong's financial market in facilitating the overall development of the ecosystem for the healthcare and biotechnology sectors.
You are cordially invited to join our Industry Exchange Series webinar to learn more about the paper. Our distinguished speakers will explore how world-class research facilities and universities in Hong Kong can grasp the opportunity to strengthen its research endeavours and the importance of access to financial resources and investors contributing to the success of healthcare- and biotech-related start-ups and SMEs.
- Ms Winnie Wong, Board member, FSDC; CEO & Executive Director, Asia Insurance & Avo Insurance
- Mr Danny Lee, New Business Committee member, FSDC; Partner, Blue Pool Capital Limited
- Mr Rex Ho, New Business Committee member, FSDC; Financial Services Tax Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Dr King Au, Executive Director, FSDC
Dr Rocky Tung, Director and Head of Policy Research, FSDC and the
- Asia-Pacific Structured Finance Association
- CFA Society Hong Kong
- Chinese Asset Management Association of Hong Kong
- Chinese Financial Association of Hong Kong
- Family Office Association Hong Kong
- Fintech Association of Hong Kong
- HKUST Business School
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Hong Kong Investment Funds Association
- Hong Kong Investor Relations Association
- Hong Kong Life Sciences Society
- Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
- Hong Kong Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
- Institute of Financial Technologists of Asia
- Private Wealth Management Association
- The Alternative Investment Management Association
- The Hong Kong Association of Banks
- The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
- Treasury Markets Association
Click here to download the presentation slides.
Click here to download the research report.