FinTech has been the buzzword of the financial services industry in recent years and is among the most sought-after sectors in many financial centres when it comes to job seeking.
Indeed the Hong Kong government has allocated over HK$100 billion to promote Innovation & Technology (I&T) locally. Financial regulators have been granting licenses to facilitate virtual businesses in the fields such as virtual banking and InsurTech.
While there is no doubt huge potential in the sector and FinTech products are often designed to be user-friendly and convenient, do job seekers know enough about FinTech instead of expecting to work in a cool tech office with an exciting, fun lifestyle?
In this webinar of the FSDC Practitioner Speakers Series, our seasoned speakers deciphered what FinTech is about and whether it is only related to online financial services providers. They also shared how tertiary students and young professionals should equip themselves to learn in order to embrace the sector’s opportunities.
Ms Angelina Kwan
Group Chief Operating Officer & Risk Officer, Hashkey
Mr Benjamin Quinlan
Chairman, FinTech Association of Hong Kong
CEO and Managing Partner, Quinlan & Associates
- Alternative Investment Management Association
- Chinese Banking Association of Hong Kong
- CFA Society Hong Kong
- Chinese Financial Association of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Family Office Association Hong Kong
- Fin Society
- The Hong Kong Association of Banks
- The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
- Hong Kong Investment Funds Association
- Hong Kong Investor Relations Association
- Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
- Hong Kong Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
- Private Wealth Management Association
- Treasury Markets Association